FROM DECEMBER 5th, 2022
Rules of participation
The International Biennial of Miniature Art – Timisoara 2022
The International Biennial of Miniature Arts – Timisoara 2022 – is a multidisciplinary project of cultural education, which aims to open new perspectives and opportunities for interaction between artists, students and art lovers.
The fifth edition of this event promotes creativity, the development of new forms of artistic expression and inter-community socialization. BIAMT is an event that contributes to the promotion of cultural diversity and to the change of mentalities.
This year’s edition proposes the concept I save the world today as a starting point for artistic debates. The experiences of the last two years have changed our priorities. We have lived and are living things that we could not have considered possible and that unfortunately have become very easily achievable. We consider that we have evolved but at the same time we live metaphysically. We want to save the planet, we want to save lives, we want to save our heritage, we want to save ourselves.
The theme of this edition is foreshadowed as a consultation of the state of affairs through the different visions of artists around the world, considering that they are as valuable as journalists, generously illustrating aspects of time spent.
Organizer: West University of Timisoara, Romania – Faculty of Arts and Design The official languages of the Biennale: Romanian and English.
Conditions for participation:
1. Professional artists and students of the art faculties can participate.
2. Works in the field of visual arts are accepted: painting, graphics (all techniques are allowed), sculpture, ceramics, textile arts, photography (experimental photography).
3. An artist can participate with a maximum of two works. Participation in the exhibition is free.
4. The maximum allowed dimensions for two-dimensional works are 10x10cm. The maximum external dimensions, if there is a frame or a passepartout, are 15x15cm. For three-dimensional works, the maximum allowed dimensions are 10x10x10cm. If there is a base, the maximum dimensions are 20x20x20cm.
Please photograph the work with a ruler to confirm the size. Compliance with the dimensions of the works is mandatory. Works that do not meet these requirements will not enter the judging phase either.
5. For the registration and judging of the works within the BIAMT exhibition, each participant will send:
a. the registration form (goole form- online) for which you must send an application to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. an electronic photo of the work / works in jpg format (300 dpi, max 4 MB). We emphasize the need for photo quality (clarity, neutral background, light), necessary for the biennial catalog.
c. a photo which confirm the size of the art work (a photo of the art work near a ruler to confirm the size)
The photos will be sent to email@example.com
6. The files must be named as follows: first name, last name, country, title of the work, technique, section (Ex. Valentina Ștefănescu_Romania_ Noduri_colaj_Arte textile).
7. The deadline to submit your google sign-up form and photos is October 25, 2022
8. The exhibited works will be the subject of an online exhibition, may be the subject of television shows, may be reproduced in the press and published in the form of bulletins, catalogs or videos, without obligation from the organizers to the authors.
9. The participants agree to the processing of personal data necessary for the creation of the exhibition catalog by filling in the registration form of the Timișoara Miniature Arts Biennial and signing it, thus confirming the acceptance of the regulations of the event.
Awards: Six honorary prizes will be awarded for the following categories: painting, graphics, sculpture, ceramics, textile arts, photography.
The jury: Each section is judged by a specialized jury composed of recognized professional artists in the field of visual arts. The jury will select the works and then designate the prizes awarded in sections. The jury’s decisions are final. Jury members are invited to participate in the exhibition outside the competition.
The organizers will publish a catalog of the event in pdf format, which can be accessed online, at: http://arte-fact.uvt.ro/ / sent to the e-mail address of the authors.
Participating artists will receive confirmation of participation by e-mail. It is the artist’s responsibility to write the contact details correctly and clearly in the registration form. If the artist’s e-mail is incorrect, BIAMT will not be responsible for non-transmission of information.
The email address to which the photos and the registration form will be sent: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information you can contact the Director of the Biennial of Miniature Arts
– Assoc. Valentina Ștefănescu, e-mail: email@example.com and the link http://arte-fact.uvt.ro/
Registration period: May 20, 2022 – October 25, 2022
Judging: November 1 – 4, 2022
The jury’s decision will be sent by e-mail to the participants between November 14 and 17, 2022
Launch of the online exhibition: December 5, 2022 on arte-fact.uvt.ro